Skip to main content

As a tree leans on its leaves

Waking up
Next to you,
Is the most beautiful
Part of the day.
As I hold
You little palm
With my
Rough with age hands
They hide within them
Just as you hide
Your being in me
When I come back
From cities far away,
Just as you some years back
You were hidden
In the two fair palms
Which cupped
My weary palms
With distinct
cigarette marks on them
On an October day
At the Coffee house
In a sleepy town.
I hold those tiny hands
Of you
Adorned by
A faux watch shaped
Like a butterfly,
That is so like your soul
Ready to scout all the flowers of this world,
And smile-
As a tree
Leans on its leave
For its very existence.
- 24-02-2014 - A Sunday Morning Blessed by you


Comments

Rick Watson said…
I saw your post from Google + and hopped over to check out your blog. I blog too and would love to have you check mine out too.
Rick
Deb Fein said…
YOur blog is designed beautifully. I also love the visual imagery you put into a poignant love poem!
Saket Suryesh said…
Thanks Rick for dropping by. Hope you liked the blog. Do share your blog details, will sure visit.
Saket Suryesh said…
Thanks Deb. things which come out impromptu are usually the most beautiful one, if not for the world, at least for the one for whom it is written. So encouraging for you to have taken time to visit.

Popular posts from this blog

On the Eve of Formation of New Government

The long dance-duel of democracy has finally ended. The rulers and wanting-to-be-rulers have now decided to rest after a no-holds-barred battle is over. The unapologetic political parties and apologetic, righteous neutral commentators, jumping in and out of the discourse. In fact, the case for the commentators was the most curious, under the thinly wrapped veneer of neutrality and forward-thinking lurked the opportunity to shoot and scoot.   This was a campaign which made people see through the charade of intellectual bourgeoisie, who pretended to be neutral but treaded the thin line between the public and private. Thankfully, the campaign ended and hopefully we are left with few things still left to believe in.   Narendra Modi has a task cut out for him. Swearing-in happens tomorrow evening. My view he has things to do, new paths to tread.   He has invited the SAARC countries, all of them to attend. That to me is a good be...

Why Teaching Kids Read Early Makes Sense?

Picture Courtesy- GettyImages I am an only child, though not a child anymore. My childhood went in search of friendships outside the home, and waiting for the evening to come by to immerse into those rare moments of camaraderie. Our days, the Pre-Appu childhood, was largely supervised by our parents. I do not much remember visiting my friend’s place in childhood. Much unlike my daughter and her friends who keep meeting up in their homes. My friends were kids of my father’s colleagues and we met when they met. Friendships were formed and finished in the children park.  The interspersed period of loneliness was filled up by books. It was from Comics to pocket-books to Geeta Press to even, Indian Classics like Ramayana and Mahabharata . They filled up my days of solitude with rare happiness. I was called introvert and adults left me alone. It was an arrangement which we both liked. There was no other arrangement in the view. For some reasons, parents those days did not appr...

Writer's Block- A Moment of Self-Doubt

I almost gave up writing for good seven to eight years. A period during which I wrote nothing but office mails and minutes of meetings and contracts and such things, dreary and dull, devoid of any beauty or romance. I would write in my mind, sentences getting written and erased in my mind. I quit smoking right at the turn of the century and the glamor of smoke forming poetry in the air to be scribbled with urgency was lost. So I did not write, until couple of years back a sense of loss, a scary thought of dying with all my thoughts faced me. Something told me I had it in me. It used to be fun. It used to be exceptionally fun  in good old, pre-computer days when I would write on a paper with my pen. I felt that I was living half my life, with a half a me, the half which carried the truer sense of me, stifled and locked inside me. I would be loud, obvious, and laugh with the crowd which obliterated and belittled the intensity of thought. I laughed with a voice which scar...