कहते हैं , जब रही ना मुझे ताक़त ए सुख़न जानूँ किसी के दिल की मैं क्यों कर कहे बगैर। "Kahte hain, jab rahi na mujhe taqat-e-sukhan Janoon kisi ke dil ki main kyunkar, kahe bagair" This is one of the lesser known couplet by Ghalib. Loosely translated it means- “If it is said, that I no longer hold the power of writing Why should I be told the affairs of someone’s heart, without asking?” Being a writer is a rare privilege. It allows one to reach out deeper into human hearts, offers rare empathy to pain, happiness and ambitions of fellow human beings. When I say writing here, I am not referring to writers driven solely by commercial necessities, writing as per market-mechanization. Writers, like doctors, have the ability and authority to look into our hearts and find the treasures which we never know, we possessed. This also puts a great responsibility on the writers. A writer searches the truth, not only for himself, but also for those about him and for the ...
Comments